Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Who is Tenant.com?
- Are you brokers or a real estate agency?
- How can you avoid fraud?
- Can I batch upload my listings?
- How can I get listed in the Agent/Broker directory?
- Do you own the properties on this website?
- Why use this site?
- How much does it cost?
- Do you charge a fee or commission on reservations or leases?
- How do I get started?
- What other sites interface with Tenant.com?
- How is this site different than other property rental advertising sites?
- Who can use this site?
- What kind of rentals are on this site?
- Can I add a complete year for weekly rates?
- Can I add an availability calendar?
- Can I use my Tenant.com listing link in a printed ad or web site?
- How can I directly access my listing?
- How does a prospective tenant contact me?
- Can each listing have different contact info?
- Why doesn't my email show on my listing?
- How can I measure my listing's activity?
- What is Tenant.com's Compete.com ranking?
- How can I retrieve my password?
- Do I have to display my listing's address?
- Can I adjust my listing's map location?
- Can I add pictures to my listing?
- Is there an additional charge to add pictures to my listing?
- How can I add or delete pictures to my listing?
- What size and type pictures can I use?
- Why are my pictures blurry?
- How can I change my audio voice tour?
- Can I link to my home page?
- Can I link to Tenant.com or my Tenant.com listing on my home page?
- How does the voice information system work?
- How does my property become a feature listing?
- How does my property become a top viewed listing?
- How does the submission to base.Google.com system work?
- Will my listing get indexed by the search engines?
- What should I do to help with search engine indexing?
- How can I contact Tenant.com?
- How was this site created?
- What are sites similar to Tenant.com?
- We respect your privacy. We do not sell or share any of your contact information with third parties.Back To Top
- Tenant.com is another AtTheBeach.com Inc. site. You can contact us here.Back To Top
We are also these sites.
- NO! - We are an on-line classified ad website. Brokers provide far greater services than a web site. Real Estate brokers provide valuable services for a fair, negotiated fee. In particular:Back To Top
- are licensed in the states they serve.
- are governed by laws in the state they serve
- insulate both Tenant & Landlord from direct contact
Additionally, most (but not all) brokers/agents are also Realtors® identified by the Realtor® logo when they are also members of the National Association of Realtors® and abide by its strict Code of Ethics.
Our site strongly suggests that you work with a Realtor when and where possible!
This site makes no warranties or representaions of the advertised properties posted on this site. We do NOT own or represent any property or landlord or tenant. Though not a complete list, please:Tenants
- before signing a lease consult with an Attorney
- work with a broker/Realtor
- do not give out personal information ie. Social Security number, bank information, credit card ...
- inspect and verify the property you are renting
- avoid listings that are devoid of contact information and additional urls and links
- do not send checks or monies without verifying ownership
- make payments through a known, secure and reputable escrow service (ie. Broker Trust Account, PayPal.com, Escrow.com, ...)
- avoid 'sight unseen' rentals
- avoid listings that have strange upfront fees
- verify that the correct person(s) are the owners or are the owner's representative
- do not go to see the property alone
- before signing a lease consult with an Attorney
- work with a broker/Realtor
- do not give out personal information like bank numbers, Social Security numbers, ...
- avoid taking checks or monies greater than the expected amount with tenant paybacks
- avoid strange and 'out of the ordinary' request
- do not show the property alone
To get listed in the agent/broker's directory you need:
- to be a licensed agent/broker that represents rental properties.
- to be an agent/broker in 'My Profile'.
- to check the 'In Directory' option in 'My Profile'.
- a Company Name
- a Contact Name
- a Contact Phone number
- a Contact Email
- a Complete Contact Address
- a homepage link
- a geographic service area
- to login to your account bi-monthly (ie. at least once every 60 days)
- to allow Tenant.com to peridocially email you with notices of updates and changes to our site(s).
Additionally, we strongly encourage that you provide a link to the governing agency of your real estate license so that visitors can verify your license and its status.
- James S. Ginn, NJ licensed broker
- Edward G. Ginn, PA licensed broker
- Edward G. Ginn, DE licensed broker
- NO!Back To Top
- There are many reasons to use our site. Here are seven:Back To Top
- First and most importantly, we have activity.
- Second, results via:
- Third, it offers an easy to remember site:
Tenant.com or YearlyRentals.com or OnTheSlopes.comfor Brokers, Tenants and Landlords.
- Fourth, it offers multiple broker represented properties a site for clearing broker and owner rentals.
- Fifth, we advertise this site on:
- Sixth, it gives your property more exposure!
- Seventh, it gives properties' with home pages better exposure in search engines.
- Eighth, we automatically submit each listing to Google's Base System
- Last and most importantly, your listing on Tenant.com should help with search engine indexing.
- Presently this site is FREE!Back To Top
To add your listing(s), all you need to do is:
- go to www.Tenant.com
- sign up by clicking the Sign-Up Free! link on left
- complete your infomation
- List My Property for each listing.
Note! - When listing properties, you can 'attach' your properties to our affiliate sites ie. www.YearlyRentals.com, www.AtTheShore.com, ... You do NOT have to add the listing(s) to each site!
If you have many listings and have the ability to create an XML file of your listings, you can use our batch upload feature.
- These sites:Back To Top
- This site offers additional features of:Back To Top
- anyone (brokers, agents & owners) can post a property
- we allow multiple subcribers/owners/brokers management of multiple listed properties
- we offer exact weekly, yearly, daily, long and short term rates and availability
- we offer additional 'specialty sites' with segregated inventory by property offerings & locations (ie. YearlyRentals.com, OnTheSlopes.com, WeeklyRentals.com, AtTheShore.com, ...)
- we offer toll free technical support (888-546-4466)
- we offer toll free 24-7 voice information on your property (888-888-2202)
- Anyone can use this site - Owners, Brokers, Property Managers, Tenants, ...Back To Top
- This site has:Back To Top
- Long Term
- Short Term
- Yes! - After submitting your property, add (here) a rate file for the desired year (ie. 2005, 2006, ...). The site allows a full year of weekly rentals with a user defined check-in day (ie. Friday, Saturday, ...). You can set a:Back To Top
- display comment
- private comment
Daily availability calendars are also available on our site. Your weekly and short term rates overlay on each calendar.
- YES!Back To Top
- You can directly access your listing as:Back To Top
Where ###### is your 6 digit listing number.
Additionally, subscribers with ski or mountain rental listings can use our sister site: OnTheSlopes.com:
You can set contact person, phone numbers and email address in your contact information. Email addresses are not displayed to prevent spamming of your account.
Yes! - Each listing can have a separate contact phone number(s), fax, email and home page. Email addresses are not displayed to prevent spamming of your account.
Your email address is not displayed on your listing to prevent unsolicited email (ie. spam). A email dialog box is displayed on your listing and this program will send tenant request directly to you. We do NOT monitor your request.
- Each listing keeps a record of each time your property is seen (ie. hit). You can see these hits byBack To Top
- logging in
- Manage My Listings
- View Hits
- logging in
- Manage My Listings
- View Requests
- If you forgot your password, click here.Back To Top
NO, you do not have to display your listings address. However, to have a map displayed on your listing, you need to provide the address or an approximate address. Uncheck the display address option if you wish to hide your address on listing display and want a map option.
Yes, you can adjust your listing's map location by using our map interface
- You can add up to 4 pictures to each listing.Back To Top
- There is NO cost to add pictures to your listing(s).Back To Top
- You can add (or delete) multiple images to your listing at the time your first enter your property or after your property is entered by:Back To Top
- Pictures should be at least 400 pixels wide and should be .jpg format. Images greater than 400 pixels wide will be reduced. Images less than 400 pixels wide will be expanded to 400 pixels and might appear blurry.Back To Top
- If your pictures appear blurry, please try uploading 'bigger' (ie. greater than 400 pixels wide) images.Back To Top
You can change your voice comment under My Listings -> Edit. Make sure you spell out all words and use correct puncuation. Don't abbreviate!
- Yes! You can link to your homepage on:Back To Top
- your contact info
- your property info page.
- Yes! - You can link to your listing of the Tenant.com sites. Reciprocal links are appreciated (but not required) as it helps us in palcement in search engines.Back To Top
- You can order a sign and advertise your listing number and our toll free numberBack To Top
(888) 546-4466for prospective tenants to get voice information about your property. The prospective tenants can call the toll free number have a description played of the property and optionally connect directly to you by pressing 1 during the message play back.
- Featured properties for specific areas (ie. zip codes) are done on a random basis but MUST have a picture to be a featured listing.Back To Top
- Top viewed properties are rated by the most unique-real-user views for yesterday and the past 30 days.Back To Top
Some suggestions to increase Top viewed exposure are:
- well written and accurate property descriptions
- multiple pictures and links on your listing
- get your Tenant.com listing linked on other sites
- use your Tenant.com listing in conventional advertising
- Each listing is automatically submitted to base.google.com. Please note:Back To Top
- all listings submitted each night.
- photos and links to each Tenant.com listing.
Each listing has a opt-out option for google submission!
It should. Our site gets documented indexing by search engines!
Some tips to help with search engines:
- have complete, thorough and accurate infomation.
- make sure your comments are detailed and accurate.
- don't abbreviate.
- use appropriate additional links. Examples:
- if available, link to your property's home page
- if available, link to your property's rate page
- if available, link to your property's additional pictures, info, tours, ...
- link to local events and sites
- You can contact us here.Back To Top
- This site uses many readily available third party software vendors:Back To Top
- Tenant.com makes no representations of the accuracy of any of the classifieds ads on the site.Back To Top